Did you know that one of the most frequent complaints to the Better Business Bureau concerns companies in the roofing industry? Because homeowners are so often unfamiliar with roofing best practices, and because roofing is such a large investment, the costs associated with having an inexperienced contractor do roof work or being scammed by a dishonest contractor are high. These are two good reasons to find a reliable, high-quality Columbus roofer for your project.
Before Hiring a Contractor
Before making a hiring decision, do some due diligence. Research a company’s background, conduct an interview with a representative and talk to past customers. Many roofing companies in Columbus, Ohio, are in reality “paper roofers,” meaning they sell the job and subcontract the work out to the lowest bidder, without having real-life knowledge or experience in installing roofs. Your research should help you determine if a company trains and certifies employees and subcontractors to their standards, or just sells the job to the lowest bidder.
Here are other qualities that indicate a roof installer is reliable.
- Years in business. Most roofing companies don’t last longer than five years. Muth & Company has a long track record of success – more than 20 years serving Columbus and Central Ohio – and we have a vested interest in serving our community well. Our excellent reviews on the Better Business Bureau website, Google+ and Angie’s List attest to the level of service we provide.
- Licensing, bonding and insurance. Licensing gives you the assurance that a company is registered to do business, while bonding ensures your job will be completed even if the contractor can’t finish the work. Insurance protects you from financial liability in the event of property damage or worker injury. Muth & Company is fully licensed, bonded and insured.
- A roofing crew can’t install a top-quality roofing system if they haven’t been properly trained. We heavily invest in training to make sure all of our employees and subcontractors are familiar with our roofing products and the best ways to install them.
- Employee testing methods. Because Muth & Company is a GAF Master Elite™ certified contractor, all new employees and subcontractors must pass a GAF Pro Field Guide test within six months of joining the company.
- A business address, not a PO or a residential address. Any contractor can print up business cards and work out of a truck. If a roofer has invested in a physical address, he has skin in the game.
Muth & Company is the roofer that wants to earn your business. Give us a call at (614) 682-3060 to schedule your FREE estimate!
Muth & Company Roofing is a certified Master Elite Contractor through GAF servicing Columbus, Ohio and the surrounding area including Westerville, Delaware, Worthington, Dublin, Bexley, Gahanna, New Albany, and nearby communities. Muth & Company provides roofing installation services, as well as gutter installation, gutter replacement, gutter repair, attic insulation, skylight installation, and roof repair. We’re proud to offer metal roofing installation and metal roof financing services.
We use quality, feature-rich products including GAF American Harvest Shingles as well as the full GAF roofing system to deliver superior protection and warranties. If you’re in need of an experienced, trusted roofing or gutter company in the Columbus, Ohio region, don’t hesitate to call Muth & Company for a free estimate at (614) 682-3060 today!