Preparing your home for winter may have taken a back seat to many other preparations for the holiday season. Before you get lost in shopping for gifts and hanging lights, it’s important to consider the condition of your home. Is your roofing in Columbus, Ohio, prepared for heavy snow? Are your windows and doors well-insulated? Here are some steps you can follow to get your home winterized before really cold winter weather hits.
- Assess your attic’s insulating capacity. Check the condition of your attic insulation, or call Muth & Company for an energy efficiency audit. Too little attic insulation allows dollars to flow out of your roof in the form of warm air.
- Clean the gutter system. Clean out leaves and other debris before they become covered by snow. Clogged gutters can contribute to ice dams and other kinds of severe damage to your roofing system.
- Insulate windows. Your windows can allow a large amount of cold outside air to seep into your home. If replacement is not an option, use caulk and weatherstripping to seal drafty windows.
- Replace your furnace filter. A new filter keeps indoor air clean and allows your furnace to run more efficiently, providing energy savings.
- Install draft guards. Drafty doors are also responsible for wasted energy. Roll up a towel or a buy a draft snake to block drafty spaces under your door.
- Change the ceiling fan’s direction. Clockwise rotation of a ceiling fan pushes warm air down, making rooms feel warmer.
Keeping you and your family comfortable this winter is one of the goals of Muth & Company Roofing. If you’re in need of any assistance in winterizing your home, feel free to contact us at (614) 682-3060. We’ve been trusted by Columbus, Ohio, for roofing and other exterior improvement services for more than 20 years!
Muth & Company Roofing is a certified Master Elite Contractor through GAF servicing Columbus, Ohio and the surrounding area including Westerville, Delaware, Worthington, Dublin, Bexley, Gahanna, New Albany, and nearby communities. Muth & Company provides roofing installation services, as well as gutter installation, gutter replacement, gutter repair, attic insulation, skylight installation, and roof repair. We’re proud to offer metal roofing installation and metal roof financing services.
We use quality, feature-rich products including GAF American Harvest Shingles as well as the full GAF roofing system to deliver superior protection and warranties. If you’re in need of an experienced, trusted roofing or gutter company in the Columbus, Ohio region, don’t hesitate to call Muth & Company for a free estimate at (614) 682-3060 today!