Because your roof is your primary line of defense against the weather, it is continuously exposed to the elements on a daily basis. Eventually, this exposure can take its toll and your roof might show signs of damage. However, there is a way to prevent any major damage from affecting your roof—proper roof maintenance.
Proper roof maintenance can help you detect and resolve minor issues before they can become a major problem that could spell costly repairs. Given the importance of the roof as a means of protecting your home, as a professional in roofing in Columbus Ohio, allow us at Muth & Company Roofing to provide you with a few tips to help you conduct your roof maintenance properly:
- Make sure that you inspect the roof on a regular basis. It’s a good idea to check the roof for damage during the start of spring and fall to check for any signs of damage from winter and summer respectively. You may also want to inspect the roof after severe weather, such as a major storm.
- Make sure that the gutters are free of debris to prevent clogging. While you’re conducting your inspection, clean your gutters of debris so you don’t have to worry about clogging and water damage.
- Inspect the flashings. The flashing protects the valleys of your roof and provides covering for the protrusions such as the chimney or vents. Check the flashing for any signs of damage or rust and have them repaired to ensure that water will not be seeping into your home.
- If there are any tree limbs hanging above your roof, remove them. Clearing tree limbs can ensure that there will be no branches falling on your roof when there are strong gusts of wind.
- Schedule an inspection conducted by a professional. Having a professional like us at Muth & Company Roofing inspect your roof can give you more detailed information on its current condition. As a pro, we can also provide you with our recommendations on what the best course of action is should we detect any signs of damage.
As one of the most reliable companies for Columbus Ohio roofing, allow us Muth & Company Roofing help you with your roofing concerns through our maintenance and repair services. For more information on roof maintenance, feel free to give us a call today.
Muth & Company Roofing is a certified Master Elite Contractor through GAF servicing Columbus, Ohio and the surrounding area including Westerville, Delaware, Worthington, Dublin, Bexley, Gahanna, New Albany, and nearby communities. Muth & Company provides roofing installation services, as well as gutter installation, gutter replacement, gutter repair, attic insulation, skylight installation, and roof repair. We’re proud to offer metal roofing installation and metal roof financing services.
We use quality, feature-rich products including GAF American Harvest Shingles as well as the full GAF roofing system to deliver superior protection and warranties. If you’re in need of an experienced, trusted roofing or gutter company in the Columbus, Ohio region, don’t hesitate to call Muth & Company for a free estimate at (614) 682-3060 today!