An attic insulation inspection can create a more comfortable home.
A properly insulated attic can create a more comfortable home by regulating heat transfer and preventing air leaks.
Air flows from warmer areas to colder ones. During the winter, heated air from inside your home naturally tries to escape to the cooler air outside. During summer, the hot air from outside tries to get to the cooled air inside of your home.
Attic insulation works by limiting the movement of air within your home.
Attic insulation properly installed saves energy, which saves you money.
On average, heating and cooling your home makes up 50 to 70 percent of your overall energy usage. This means that when there is air leakage, it’s going to be a major waste of energy. Ultimately, higher energy costs for your budget and reduced comfort in your home.
Of course, you can always turn up the heat to stay warm. However, this will only increase your utility bill.
It’s time to think about checking your home’s attic insulation. This can keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter, stabilize room temperature, and save you as much as 15% to 45% on your utility bills.
When was the last time you had your attic insulation checked?
If it’s been at least five years, ask the professionals at Muth & Company Roofing to perform an energy efficiency inspection of your attic right away.
We will conduct an inspection of your attic and provide you with a report on the current energy efficiency of your home. Here’s what our team is going to do:
- Check the existing insulation and calculate for R-value (the measurement of insulation’s ability to resist heat flow).
- Inspect the intake and exhaust vents for obstructions.
- Check bathroom fans, pipes, and stacks if they’re venting properly.
- Close or screen gable vents.
- Provide you with a complete, detailed written report which will include any recommendations that we have.
- We recommend an insulation value of R-60 for attic floors, which equates to approximately 18 inches of insulation. We will be using blow-in insulation, which can provide improved R-value. This can be blown into the attic and the walls without causing damage to your home.
Experiencing high energy costs? The reason could be the lack of sufficient attic insulation. Contact local roofing contractors in Columbus Ohio like Muth & Company Roofing help you out.
Get An Attic Insulation Inspection Today!
For only $89, get the immediate satisfaction of knowing whether your home’s attic is properly insulated. It could save you a lot more in the long run.
Also, if your home is more than 10 years old, it’s almost certain that your attic insulation is inadequate. You could be experiencing a decrease in comfort and higher home energy costs. Have a Columbus roofer like Muth & Company Roofing help you out.
Finally, let us provide you with our expert recommendation and install blown-in attic insulation. For more information, feel free to give us a call today. (614) 882-0900.