Because your roof protects you from the elements, it is bound to take a beating. That’s why it’s important to regularly check your roof and gutters to make sure that they are in perfect working order. And to make it easier, you need a complete roof inspection list.
A roof inspection is not just an issue of protection, it’s also a matter of savings. The sooner you manage to spot a problem forming, deal with it. The less you’ll end up spending in the long run.
The Inside Inspection List
It’s actually safest to start checking for signs of roof damage from inside your home:
- Dark stains: Usually located on the ceiling, these are indicators that water is pooling up top. It will start to seep through the wood. If your home has an attic, it might be a good idea to check up there.
- Water: If it gets to the point that water is starting to pool up in areas where you walk through, then the problem is likely more serious. Don’t just check the floors, however, because water can also trickle down your walls as well.
- Attic check: From inside your attic, you can turn the lights off to check for any physical holes where the light could shine through. Because of the cramped spaces up there, however, it’s a better idea to have professionals from Muth & Company Roofing check this out for you, and it’s far safer.
- Insulation check: Apart from visible tears or breaks, it is very difficult to spot damage on your insulation. When our expert team looks it over, however, it will be easier for us to determine any problems—if any.
The Outside Inspection List
When it comes to checking up on your roof from the outside, it’s better to completely rely on the experts, like Muth & Company Roofing, to do the inspection for you. It’s not just for safety reasons, although that is one of our top concerns. But also because you might end up damaging your roof more by moving around up there. Here are some of the things that we will check:
- Visible damage to roofing: Whether it’s cracks, tears, chips, or even whole tiles missing, we make sure that every inch is covered. Because we know that even the tiniest of problems can grow big.
- Gutter check: The gutters are something most homeowners usually fail to check when it comes to their roofs. We make sure not to skip it. We check for clogging in the drainpipes and any damage along its length to make sure it keeps working properly.
For over two decades, Muth & Company Roofing has been in the business of knowing your roof and its unique problems. Pair that with quality products and a commitment to treating your roofs and gutters in Columbus, OH like our own, and you get a customer experience that truly satisfies. Give us a call today and we’ll throw in a free estimate.
Muth & Company Roofing is a certified Master Elite Contractor through GAF servicing Columbus, Ohio and the surrounding area including Westerville, Delaware, Worthington, Dublin, Bexley, Gahanna, New Albany, and nearby communities. Muth & Company provides roofing installation services, as well as gutter installation, gutter replacement, gutter repair, attic insulation, skylight installation, and roof repair. We’re proud to offer metal roofing installation and metal roof financing services.
We use quality, feature-rich products including GAF American Harvest Shingles as well as the full GAF roofing system to deliver superior protection and warranties. If you’re in need of an experienced, trusted roofing or gutter company in the Columbus, Ohio region, don’t hesitate to call Muth & Company for a free estimate at (614) 682-3060 today!