Firework-related injuries can range from burns to complete loss of the hand and fingers.
While the best choice is to attend public fireworks displays rather than setting off fireworks near or around the home, take the following precautions when around fireworks:
- Obey safety barriers around a fireworks show and stay 500 feet from the launch site.
- Supervise teens when using fireworks.
- Wear eye protection when using fireworks.
- Read the labels and instructions before using fireworks at home.
- Remain standing when using sparklers.
- Soak used fireworks in water before throwing in a trash bag.
- Do not use fireworks indoors.
- Do not try to relight a “dud” firework.
- Do not touch fireworks debris. It may still be hot.
Stay safe during this July 4 holiday!
Thanks to Handcare.org is a patient resource created by the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, the oldest and most prestigious medical specialty society dedicated to the hand, wrist, arm and shoulder.
Muth & Company Roofing is a certified Master Elite Contractor through GAF servicing Columbus, Ohio and the surrounding area including Westerville, Delaware, Worthington, Dublin, Bexley, Gahanna, New Albany, and nearby communities. Muth & Company provides roofing installation services, as well as gutter installation, gutter replacement, gutter repair, attic insulation, skylight installation, and roof repair. We’re proud to offer metal roofing installation and metal roof financing services.
We use quality, feature-rich products including GAF American Harvest Shingles as well as the full GAF roofing system to deliver superior protection and warranties. If you’re in need of an experienced, trusted roofing or gutter company in the Columbus, Ohio region, don’t hesitate to call Muth & Company for a free estimate at (614) 682-3060 today!