It’s a good idea to inspect your roof for damage regularly. Here are some tips on how to inspect your roof for damage, particularly if you live in areas like Columbus, Ohio, that experience extreme weather.
You can inspect your roof yourself by either climbing on your roof or by using binoculars from the ground.
If you choose to go up on the roof yourself, remember to always utilize proper safety equipment to prevent falls or injury.
Here are some important things to look for:
- Check flashing for damage or inadequate coverage
- Damage under eaves and overhangs
- Missing, cracked, curled, torn or warped shingles
- Open seams or joints
- Popped or rusted nails or stains around nails
- Signs of insects or critter infestation (squirrels love climbing on roofs)
- Sagging or unsound areas
- Rotten fascia and eaves
- Inspect your sources of roof ventilation that they remain open
- Inspect gutters for sagging or signs of leaks and be sure to remove any leaves or debris
- Dark patches or biological growth
- Check around pipes and roof penetrations to make sure they are sealed and in good shape
- Look inside the attic for signs of leaks, dark spots, holes, or sagging sheathing
You may be uncomfortable with the idea of walking around on your roof or climbing a ladder to inspect your roof. If so, your best option is always to find a local roofing company. Muth and Company Roofing is a GAF factory-certified Master Elite® Contractor. Homeowners in Columbus, Ohio deserve a roof maintenance company they can trust for a professional roof inspection.
Whether you have us install a new roof or do a roof repair for you, ask Muth & Company Roofing about scheduling an annual roof checkup. Complete this form now and we’ll contact you to confirm a set time. Or call us at 614-882-0900.
Muth & Company Roofing is a certified Master Elite Contractor through GAF servicing Columbus, Ohio and the surrounding area including Westerville, Delaware, Worthington, Dublin, Bexley, Gahanna, New Albany, and nearby communities. Muth & Company provides roofing installation services, as well as gutter installation, gutter replacement, gutter repair, attic insulation, skylight installation, and roof repair. We’re proud to offer metal roofing installation and metal roof financing services.
We use quality, feature-rich products including GAF American Harvest Shingles as well as the full GAF roofing system to deliver superior protection and warranties. If you’re in need of an experienced, trusted roofing or gutter company in the Columbus, Ohio region, don’t hesitate to call Muth & Company for a free estimate at (614) 682-3060 today!