But what is it about leaves that make them such a danger to your roofing system?
When leaves and debris fall on your roof, they usually end up being washed into the gutters when it rains. Once there, they become saturated with moisture. Left uncleared, leaves and debris will build up and clog gutters, leaving water with nowhere to go except over the sides. This overflow can cause damage to the fascia and soffits and potentially lead to foundation issues. The weight of clogged gutters can also cause them to pull away from the house.
As temperatures drop, standing water left in blocked gutters starts to freeze, which often helps ice dams to form. Ice dams are ridges of ice that build up at the roof’s edge and prevent snowmelt from draining off the roof.
This dangerous condition can cause backed-up water to leak under shingles and into the soffits, resulting in damage to ceilings, walls and insulation.
Gutter Maintenance Eliminates Gutter Issues
Preventive maintenance can virtually eliminate gutter issues before they have a chance to cause permanent damage.
Gutter cleaning is a dirty, messy job, so let Muth & Company take this unpleasant and dangerous chore off your to-do list!
We offer both a basic gutter cleaning service and a more comprehensive roof maintenance plan, like Mr. Moose’s Roof Maintenance Plan, that includes gutter cleaning and regular roof inspections.
Basic Gutter Cleaning
- Blow-out of leaves and debris with a leaf blower
- All gutters and downspouts will be cleaned out by hand
- Gutters and downspouts will be inspected for potential problems
- Gutter spikes will be re-nailed
- Leaking seams and end caps will be inspected and sealed
Mr. Moose’s Roof Maintenance Plan, formerly our Annual Roof Maintenance Program
- All gutter cleaning/inspections outlined above
- Caulking all protrusions
- Inspecting roof flashings
- Painting pipes and detail areas
- Complete evaluation and diagnosis of issues that may affect your roof
Call today at (614) 682-3060 to talk with a member of Muth’s friendly and knowledgeable staff about your roofing and gutter maintenance needs!